#1: SET A TIME LIMIT FOR YOUR WORK SESSION
Take it one hour at a time. Select a CD or set your music device for an hour playlist. Jazzy, contemplative, or rockin’ — whatever suits your mood.
#2: BEGIN BY PURGING
Limit yourself to TWO Categories: KEEP & RELEASE
Ask key questions —
- Do I USE it?
- Do I NEED it?
- Do I LOVE it?
If you answer no to any of these questions, what stories are attached to those objects? Remember, you are not obligated to hold onto anything that does not enhance your life. Keep happy memories and release stuff that weighs you down.
#3: MAINTAIN YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR
To help you keep things in perspective, watch as George Carlin talks about “Stuff”…
#4: START LETTING GO!
HOW to Let Go
- Realize that what no longer supports you, holds you back
- FEEL the freedom of an organized home & office
- Give thanks for abundance that you can share!
WHERE to Let Go
Sell it —
Donate it —
- A Wider Circle (furniture & household items)
- Habitat ReStore (building materials, furniture)
- Second Chances (professional clothing, shoes, accessories)
- Value Village & Unique Thrift Store
Give it away —
- family, friends & neighbors
- local listservs
#5: CREATE SYSTEMS
Determine storage locations based on usage. Who in your household uses this item? Where is it used? How often is it used? What else do you need when you use it?
Feeling overwhelmed or stuck? Contact me. I can help!